Aprima Showcases MACRA/MIPS Readiness at 2016 User Conference
Aprima Showcases MACRA/MIPS Readiness at 2016User Conference

Over 800 healthcare and healthcare IT professionalsparticipate in educational, networking, and charitable opportunities at Aprima’s 7[sup]th[/sup] annual event

Dallas, TX (August 16, 2016) – Aprima Medical Software announced today the success ofits 2016 User Conference, which featured over 80 educational sessions, a variety of networking opportunities and a special charity project for Children's Health[sup]®[/sup] in Dallas. Over 800 healthcare and healthcare ITprofessionals participated in Aprima’s seventh annual event, which took place August 4-7 in Dallas.

“I was so impressed by the Aprima UserConference and thought the Aprima team was simply amazing and very helpful,” said Leslie Rach, FNP-C, of Desert BloomFamily Medicine. “I thought I knew quite abit about Aprima, but I learned so much at the conference that I am now motivated to learn even more!”

Conference attendees represented dozens of medicalspecialties from physician practices across the United States, including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. One of the conference highlights was the keynote address by healthcare law expert Sarah FreymanFontenot, BSN, JD, CSP, who provided an overview ofthe Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) and Merit Based Incentive System (MIPS) that is currently planned to go into effect in 2017 for reporting requirements and will impact the reimbursement of all eligible healthcare clinicians beginning in 2019.

The event kicked off with pre-conference bootcamps focused on EHR, practice management, power users and content and customization. Educational sessions covered financial and clinical topics, including product updates, maximizing revenue through incentive and quality care programs and demonstrations of new functionality, as well as seven physician-led specialty-focused round tables. Users had opportunities to network with one another, either informally or during focused break-out sessions, meet with Aprima employees, partners and resellers and take advantage of one-on-one sessions with Aprima experts.

“I could not be more pleased by the successof this year’s meeting and the enthusiastic response of our clients,” said Michael Nissenbaum, Aprima’s president and CEO. “In particular, customers valued the insights from the keynote speaker, who provided a very clear overview of the proposed MACRA/ MIPS rule and assured users that their use of the Aprima platform makes them well-positioned to meet the program’s new quality and reporting requirements. Numerous clients told me how confident they are feeling with Aprima’s ability to meet their current and future needs.”

Approximately 20 Aprima partners exhibited atthe conference, including Surescripts[sup]®[/sup], which served as the event’s Diamond Sponsor for thesecond straight year, and Platinum sponsors N-Krypt and Panasonic[sup]®[/sup]. Jim Goerlich, vice president of Practice Insight[sup]®[/sup] (a six-year sponsor), said, “The Aprima User Conference issecond to none. It is perfectly organized, value-content oriented and heavily attended. And the keynote speaker was incredible.”

Users were also introduced to a variety ofnew offerings, including an integrated cloud-based solution for inbound and outbound faxing; tools to help providers earn reimbursements for Chronic Care Management; and efficiency-focused solutions with Aprima integration, including Panasonic scanners, Callpointe’s patient communication and messaging service and N-Krypt’s integrated secure email solution.

Everyone had a chance to pitch in to makeover 150 blankets for children in the ICU at Children’s Health. Over the past five years, conference attendeeshave contributed nearly 500 blankets, as well as 1,000 activity bags and cash donations to the hospital.

About Aprima Medical Software, Inc.
Aprima provides innovative electronichealth record, practice management and revenue cycle management solutions for medical practices. Throughout the company’s 18-year history, Aprima has delivered quality solutions that have helped thousands of users enhance patient care and satisfaction, as well as improve their practices’ bottom lines. The Aprima EHR/PM sets the benchmark for ease-of-use, speed, and flexibility, thanks to its single database and customizable design that adapts automatically to individual physician workflows. The Aprima solution has earned Certification for Meaningful Use Stage 2 and been awarded pre-validation status for NCQA PCMHrecognition. The company is based in Carrollton, Texas and performs all development, support and implementation from within the U.S. To learn more about how Aprima can help your practice, please visit www.aprima.com, call us at 844 4APRIMA or email us at info@aprima.com.
# # # #
Media Contact:                                                                     
Michelle Ronan Noteboom                                                                         
Amendola Communications for Aprima                                                 
512.426.2870                                                                             
mnoteboom@acmarketingpr.com

Aprima Contact:
Judy Friedman
jfriedman@aprima.com

Aprimais a registered trademark of Aprima Medical Software. All othertrademarks are the property of their respective owners.